Tuesday 11 October 2016

11

Starting word count: 58223
Finishing word count: 59750

I did it! 8500 words last week. I've now been challenged that if I manage to write 10,000 words next week, I'll get paid £5. 1500 words a day, seems...doable. Good to start ramping up my word count.
I've finished the one section of my book, so I'm going back and filling in the other sections. Seems much much easier, possibly because I've been working on them in my head while I've been writing the other sections. Either that or writing in general is getting easier. The style in this section's quite different as well though, much more stream of consciousness, bloggy almost.
I'll have to get back to working on some descriptive writing on here soon. I've decided to try my hand at some short story and flash fiction competitions once I finish the novel, just to see how I do. Also to work on my creativity, having one story in my head for the past couple of years means I haven't had many flashes of ideas. Might finish work on my 90s pop song short stories, I really enjoyed the idea of those.

I'm more excited by writing than I have been about anything else in my life. I wish I hadn't stopped when I was younger. I wish I hadn't taken it for granted when I was a teenager. I'm so glad I've come back to it. Writing this novel, whatever happens with it, will be one of the best things I've ever done. I know it's cheesy, but I'm really proud of myself that I've come back and stuck with this. I don't think I've really been properly proud of anything else I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment